ROASTED KIDNEY BEANS WITH GRAPESEED OLIVE OIL RECIPE
Kidney beans came to mind as a good bean to try roasting, because they’re pretty firm straight out the can.
The recipe is pretty much the same as it is for making roasted chick peas except that the sugar and spices are added in the last 10 minutes of baking.
These ingredients are added at this late point to avoid burning the sugar.
All you need to make roasted kidney beans are:
- 1 16-ounce can kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons Grapeseed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Drain and rinse kidney beans. Place on a paper towel to remove as much excess moisture as possible.
- Mix brown sugar and spices together. Set aside.
- Toss kidney beans with one tablespoon of Grapeseed olive oil. Place on a large baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven. Place hot kidney beans in a large mixing bowl. Pour in one tablespoon of Grapeseed olive oil. Shake the brown sugar/spice mixture over the kidney beans. Toss to evenly coat. Return kidney beans to baking sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes or so, or until beans are completely dried out and crunchy.
GRAB YOUR PRODUCT